You Can Pull Many Nigerians Out Of Poverty, Obi Tells Tinubu

The 2023 Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has said President Bola Tinubu will pull many Nigerians out of poverty if continues his new spirit of charity.

The office of the Peter Obi Media Reach (POMR) stated this while commending Tinubu for emulating Obi in the boreholes projects.

The statement signed by POMR spokesman, Yunusa Tanko, said the President, during the special anniversary of the death of his mother, Alhaji Abibatu Magaji in Abuja at the weekend, announced a nationwide project to construct 400 boreholes as a continuation of charity in the late mother’s memory.

Obi said this new line of thinking from the president should be reflected in the government projects which at the moment are not addressing the yearnings of the poor.

The statement said, “POMR wishes to thank President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for harkening to the call of our Principal, the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 election, Peter Obi to wealthy Nigerians to join him in ensuring the provision of boreholes across the country for the downtrodden in our midst.

 

 

 

“Obi embarked on the project after witnessing what many Nigerians go through trying to get basic needs like drinking water. He had already installed some Boreholes as a short time solution in some Northern states Nasarawa, Bauchi, Kano, Zaria, Kebbi, Suleja Niger State and Sokoto where the situation is acute.”

 

 

 

“The POMR commends this spirit of charity from the President as it’s in line with our principal’s desire to attend to the poor in our midst.

 

 

 

“POMR would like to advise that this new line of thinking from the President should be reflected in the government projects which at the moment are not addressing the yearnings of the poor in our midst.

 

 

 

“It remains shameful that in a nation where millions have no access to clean drinking water, millions of children are out of school and have no access to decent healthcare with millions of youths out of jobs, yet the government is placing priority on bogus projects like coastal highway, mansions, flyovers and buying of jets etc as a priority.

 

The President’s new spirit of charity if it continues will help in pulling many Nigerians out of poverty if it’s diversified.”

 

 

 

In another development, POMR said Obi did not comment on a claim that the sum of N814 billion was spent on the National Anthem by the federal government.

 

 

 

POMR stated this while reacting to a news story circulating in social media that Obi has been among “the detractors” who have been vocal against the expenditure on the new National Anthem.

 

 

 

“POMR wishes to state clearly that while Peter Obi has been a critic of wasteful spending of public funds, he has not said a word directly or indirectly on the new national anthem.

 

 

 

“Most of OBI’s statements are based on verifiable facts and he never embarked on frivolous remarks.

 

 

 

“POMR has been made aware of some hirelings whose assignment is to push out funny statements and attribute them to Obi to finally discredit his laudable opinions on national issues,” Tanko said.

 

 

  • Related Posts

    Women still shut out of leadership in health sector -Report

    A new report released by African Women on Board has revealed gender disparities in leadership across Nigeria’s health sector and called for urgent reforms to empower more women into decision-making roles. In a statement issued on Friday, AWB said the report, titled ‘A Balanced Prescription: Leadership & Innovation in Nigeria’s Health Sector,’ was previewed at
    Read More

    A new report released by African Women on Board has revealed gender disparities in leadership across Nigeria’s health sector and called for urgent reforms to empower more women into decision-making roles. In a statement issued on Friday, AWB said the report, titled ‘A Balanced Prescription: Leadership & Innovation in Nigeria’s Health Sector,’ was previewed at

    Read More

    Hackers steal pensioners’ $500,000 savings in Australia

    Australia’s largest pension funds have been hit by a wave of coordinated cyberattacks, compromising more than 20,000 accounts and leading to significant financial losses for some members, including a reported theft of A$500,000 from four individuals. According to a source familiar with the matter, hackers infiltrated multiple funds, including AustralianSuper, Australian Retirement Trust, Rest, Insignia,
    Read More

    Australia’s largest pension funds have been hit by a wave of coordinated cyberattacks, compromising more than 20,000 accounts and leading to significant financial losses for some members, including a reported theft of A$500,000 from four individuals. According to a source familiar with the matter, hackers infiltrated multiple funds, including AustralianSuper, Australian Retirement Trust, Rest, Insignia,

    Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Business & Economy

    SITA Redefines Airport Operations, Acquires CCM

    Billionaire Zuckerberg’s net worth drops $17.9 billion as Meta stocks dip  

    Forex losses push International Breweries to N111.8 billion loss in 2024 

    FCMB Group reports pre-tax profit of N111.8 billion as interest and operating income surge 

    CBN links foreign debt service to $2.57 billion drop in FX reserves in Q1 2025 

    Dangote among global billionaires who lost combined $208 billion in one day from Trump tariffs 

    Nairametrics set to host first-ever Capital Market Choice Awards (NCMA) 

    eDryv: A Game-Changer in Urban Mobility 

    BREAKING: Court bars Akpabio, Natasha Akpoti, and Senate from granting interviews over alleged misconduct case 

    Unfair credit ratings pushing up costs of borrowing for African countries – ECA 

    China retaliates with 34% tariffs on US imports, escalating trade war 

    Nigeria seeks fresh $10.50 million World Bank loan to boost CBN’s technical capacity 

    Decisive factors: Octa carried out a global survey about brokers’ red flags    

    realme C75: Unbreakable Champion Beyond Quality—Redefining Smartphone Durability in Nigeria 

    House of Tara enters a new era: Meet the new Managing Director

    Lagos Independence Bridge to reopen on Sunday, traffic to be restricted to half carriageway – Umahi 

    World’s 2nd richest, Bezos loses $16 billion in 24 hours as Amazon shares fall 

    Brent Crude down by $10 a Barrel, Worst day since 2022

    Why Trump’s reciprocal tariffs may have less direct impact on Africa—Afreximbank Research 

    European organization offers job opportunities with work visa sponsorships for international applicants 

    Top 10 Nigerian stockbrokers by transaction value in Q1 2025 

    Nigerian Senate to address critical Tax Reform Bills after Easter holidays 

    Court orders final forfeiture of FIRS staff’s Abuja, Kano properties over alleged money laundering  

    Trump Tariffs: Why US matters less to Nigeria’s trade story – New report

    EFCC boss vows to tackle non-performing loans  associated with fraud across Nigeria  

    ISA 2025: Nigeria formally recognizes cryptocurrency as securities in new SEC Act 2025 

    Mining Marshals shut down illegal site in Nasarawa, arrest three foreigners 

    SON issues 107 product certifications to 44 companies in Anambra 

    Kwara Government partners IsDB to invest $57.2 million in livestock and rural development 

    Robust frameworks needed for transparent local government fund management in Nigeria – ICPC 

    ICPC re-arraigns Professor Igbinoba over alleged degree peddling and forgery in Benin 

    MTN Group CEO Ralph Mupita appointed as new GSMA Deputy Chair

    9PSB Records 50% Transaction Growth with Qore’s BankOne 

    Essaadi: Foreign Exchange Volatility to Persist in 2025

    Interswitch Donates to Tertiary Institutions to Boost STEM Education

    Hungarian Govt to Bolster Socio-economic Development in Sokoto