Adaobi Alagwu: ‘We have moved on’ – Tunde Ayeni’s family confirms closure on paternity controversy

The family of billionaire businessman, Tunde Ayeni has confirmed that the lingering paternity controversy involving one Adaobi Alagwu and her daughter, Omarosa, has been put to rest.

According to the family, all evidence presented has exonerated Ayeni from any paternal connection to the child, marking a definitive end to the saga.

“This matter is now closed. Tunde Ayeni has moved on, focusing on his family, business, and other productive engagements. There is no relationship whatsoever between him, Adaobi Alagwu, or her daughter,” the family said in a statement.

DAILY POST recalls that the controversy surrounding the paternity of Omarosa came to public attention after Alagwu claimed that Ayeni was the biological father of her child.

Ayeni recently swore an affidavit before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), stating categorically that he has no paternal ties to the child.

In the affidavit, Ayeni alleged that Alagwu manipulated him into believing he was the father, going as far as tampering with a DNA test to support her claims. The businessman emphasized that he has withdrawn any consent previously given for the child to bear his family name.

“Ms Alagwu manipulated me into believing that I was the biological father of her daughter, Omarosa Abimbola Ayeni,” the affidavit read.

“The DNA result claimed by Ms. Alagwu is incorrect, as she tampered with the process by hacking into my wife’s email to manipulate the results. I withdraw any consent previously given for Ms. Alagwu to use my family name for her daughter.”

To further distance himself from the controversy, Ayeni’s legal team issued a “Cease and Desist” letter to Alagwu, instructing her to stop using his family name in connection with her child.

The letter was also copied to the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), requesting that any passport or documentation bearing Ayeni’s family name be invalidated.

The Ayeni Obaniwa family of Iyah-Gbede in Kogi State in a statement on Saturday, reiterated that the family has formally dissociated itself from any form of relationship with Alagwu or her daughter.

“Even if anything had existed in the past, it is now voided by the affidavit, the discredited DNA result, and the directives to the NIS,” the family representative stated.

“Our son, Dr. Tunde Ayeni, has no obligations or connections to Adaobi Alagwu or her child. The matter is permanently closed.”

The family further debunked claims that traditional rites were performed to recognize the child. A family source explained that even if any rites had taken place, they had since been reversed with the consent of both families.

Ayeni himself has publicly stated that he has put the matter behind him.

Speaking to journalists, the businessman expressed his determination to move forward without distractions.

“I have made my mistakes, and I have learned from them,” Ayeni said. “I no longer have anything to do with Adaobi Alagwu or her daughter. This is a new year, and I am focused on more productive discussions and endeavors.

“This chapter is closed for good. We have moved on, and we urge everyone else to do the same.”

Adaobi Alagwu: ‘We have moved on’ – Tunde Ayeni’s family confirms closure on paternity controversy

  • Related Posts

    I wasn’t aware of Independence Bridge closure – Umahi

    The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in Lagos State. The ex-governor of Ebonyi State made this known while speaking to journalists during a visit to the site on Thursday in Lagos. Umahi said it was “very unfortunate” that the Federal Controller of
    Read More

    The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in Lagos State. The ex-governor of Ebonyi State made this known while speaking to journalists during a visit to the site on Thursday in Lagos. Umahi said it was “very unfortunate” that the Federal Controller of

    Read More

    FG to begin repairs on collapsed Taraba bridge  – Minister

    The Federal Government has announced plans to commence full-scale repairs on the collapsed Namnai Bridge in Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State next week. The bridge, which caved in during last year’s rainy season, has caused severe hardship for motorists and residents in the area. Minister of State for Regional Development, Uba Maigari, disclosed
    Read More

    The Federal Government has announced plans to commence full-scale repairs on the collapsed Namnai Bridge in Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State next week. The bridge, which caved in during last year’s rainy season, has caused severe hardship for motorists and residents in the area. Minister of State for Regional Development, Uba Maigari, disclosed

    Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Business & Economy

    VFD Group reports N11.2 billion profit as investment income soars 

    Okomu Oil declares Final Dividend of N26 for registered members 

    DBNC 2025: Navigating challenges, seizing opportunities in a transforming Nigeria 

    PAC Capital Limited Named Best Transaction Advisory Firm in Nigeria at the Grand Annual Awards Ceremony 2025 

    Footwear brand, Nike loses $10 billion in valuation over Trump tariffs 

    Antimicrobial resistance puts financial strain on Nigeria’s healthcare system – Experts warn 

    INEC blocks ‘further action’ on Natasha Akpoti’s withdrawal from NASS amid feud with Akpabio 

    Truecaller surpasses 450 million users as growth accelerates in Nigeria, other markets 

    UNICEF donates over 2.5 million doses of oral polio vaccines to Bauchi state 

    Tinubu approves N20 billion for space agency to regulate Nigeria’s space sector 

    China threatens countermeasures as Trump’s tariffs escalate trade tensions 

    JAMB releases 2025 UTME-Mock notification slip for printing 

    JP Morgan seeks merchant banking licence from CBN to bolster African presence 

    EU prepares retaliatory tariffs as Trump’s trade policies spark global economic concerns 

    Lagosians suffer “worst traffic gridlock ever” as Independence Bridge repairs cause widespread chaos 

    Investors lose N91bn as Nigerian Exchange opens bearish

    Investors lose N91bn as Nigerian Exchange opens bearish

    Bitcoin dips to $82,000 amid global trade tensions triggered by Trump tariffs 

    Equinix strengthens commitment to Nigeria’s digital economy with New Data Centre Expansion

    Equinix strengthens commitment to Nigeria’s digital economy with New Data Centre Expansion

    Elon Musk’s Neuralink begins global recruitment for research on brain implants 

    Custodian Investment proposes N6.5 billion final dividend as annual profit surges 172%

    Custodian Investment proposes N6.5 billion final dividend as annual profit surges 172%

    Nigeria, Japan partner on Naira-denominated venture capital fund to boost startups 

    South Africa’s PIC invests $40 million in Africa50 for infrastructure development 

    GTCO, Access Holdings, Custodian Investment top stock pick this week

    GTCO, Access Holdings, Custodian Investment top stock pick this week

    Netflix enhances language options on TV to attract global viewers 

    Court jails another convicted airline passenger for 3 months over non-declaration of $30,000 in Lagos 

    CBN denies fake circular introducing N5,000 and N10,000 notes 

    Nigerian Military, Briech UAS unveil Africa’s first indigenous attack drones and bombs 

    Billionaire Bezos’ Amazon makes eleventh-hour bid for TikTok 

    Market Wrap: All-Share ends in the red, slips by 0.12% as UPDCREIT and AFRIPRUD shine 

    Lagos eyes N5 billion in sales at 2025 tourism fair 

    Amazon, OnlyFans founder join race to acquire TikTok as April 5 deadline nears 

    FG reopens Lagos Independence Bridge ahead of schedule, opts for palliative fixes 

    E-FRAUD AND DIGITAL BANKING SECURITY

    Petroleum Minister, Lokpobiri Lauds Caverton as a Leader in Aviation Industry 

    Sterling Bank Leads Protest for Removal of Bank Transfer Charges

    SMEs Tasked with Creativity  to Compete  with Industry Giants