We’ve prosecuted 600 suspects in six months, Amotekun declares

• Says kidnapping reduced by 90%
• Parades one-chance, counterfeit currency, kidnapping suspects

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, otherwise known as Amotekun Corps, yesterday, said that over 600 suspected criminals had been arrested and prosecuted for various offences by the Corps between January and June 2024.

According to the security outfit, the development has led to a 90 per cent reduction in kidnappings in the state, stressing that the remaining 10 per cent of kidnapping cases occurring in the state have been limited to border communities.

The Amotekun Commander in the state, Adetunji Adeleye, who disclosed this while parading no fewer than 48 suspected armed robbers, vandals, one-chance taxi operators, dollar counterfeit syndicate members, kidnappers, and burglars, among others, said that efforts had begun to dislodge criminals operating across the boundaries of the state.

Adeleye said that the Corps would leave no stone unturned towards securing the life and property of the residents of the state.

He said: “We have 48 suspects today, and all of these suspects have been profiled and will be taken to the next level, which is the appropriate court of law to try their cases, and those that are found wanting will be sent to the correctional home.

“The signals we are sending to criminals are that Ondo State is not a place where they can stay. We want them to know that even as a kidnapper, once you kidnap, you can’t get away with it. If you steal cars, you can’t get away with them. If you break houses, we’ll pick you up. So, what’s the point of doing what you know you won’t get away with?

“We’re telling you criminals in the state to get out of Ondo State. And to the good people of Ondo State, we want to reassure you that the government of Lucky Aiyedatiwa is resolute in making the state conducive for businesses, social activities, and all that make the state a good one to stay in.

The Amotekun commander, while narrating how the suspected one-chance taxi operators were apprehended, said: “Equally, there is this syndicate that specialises in what is called ‘one-chance’ in local parlance. Unsuspecting commuters will board their vehicles, get midway, rob them, dispossess them of their valuables, and make away with them.”

Meanwhile, the leader of the counterfeit currency syndicate, Temidayo Olagundoye, 53, who confessed to the crime, said that no fewer than 16 victims had been defrauded.

The post We’ve prosecuted 600 suspects in six months, Amotekun declares appeared first on Guardian Nigeria News.

  • Related Posts

    BREAKING: Angry Residents Block Roads, Protest Police Killing Of Unarmed Man In Lagos’ Ibeju-Lekki; Two Others In Critical Condition

    SaharaReporters gathered that two other people remained in critical condition at a hospital following the shooting on Thursday night.  ArticlesRead More 

    BREAKING: South Africa Demolishes Nigerian Developer’s Unlawful Complexes In Tshwane After Court Rulings

    In March, the Gauteng High Court granted the municipality an order to demolish two high-rise complexes on Luttig Street, Pretoria West, after Asaba failed to submit approved building plans. The…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Business & Economy

    GTCO increases GTBank’s paid-up capital to N504 Billion 

    Cornerstone Insurance announces appointment of Omonkhogbe as Emeka Ogbechie exit director role 

    GTCO Injects N365.85 billion into GTBank to meet CBN’s recapitalisation mandate 

    Top 10 states by FAAC net allocation in H1 2025; Delta, Rivers, Lagos top allocation chart 

    Spiro makes strategic push into Nigeria’s Electric Motorcycle Market

    All On Chairman urges bold investments to bridge energy gap in Nigeria 

    NIPOST: Nigerians to pay $80 custom duty for shipments to US effective August 29 

    Champion Breweries will own 80% of Bullet – David Butler, CEO of enJOYcorp

    Unified Payments marks 28 years of excellence in financial innovation and economic empowerment 

    Tony Elumelu reveals 3 leadership lessons from becoming a bank manager at 27 

    Nigerian Government introduces new medium-term strategy towards achieving $1 trillion economy

    Nigerian Government introduces new medium-term strategy towards achieving $1 trillion economy

    TCN speaks on explosion claim at Onitsha sub-region

    TCN speaks on explosion claim at Onitsha sub-region

    NNPC requires $60 billion investment to boost oil, gas, refining capacity – Ojulari

    NNPC requires $60 billion investment to boost oil, gas, refining capacity – Ojulari

    SCOA, RTBRISCOE lead gainers as All-Share Index slips 0.49% 

    The rise of Villager: How Uche Cole is building the Zara of Africa from the ground up

    Youth empowered podcast showcases bold startup journeys in Nigeria

    FG secures 200 hectares in Lekki Free Trade Zone for building materials hub 

    Marketing: An Art or a Science?

    Customs Agents Seek Waiver for Imported Goods Held Up at Ports Due to Glitches

    Redefining the Cocoa Trade and Nigerian Agriculture

    Domestic Air Travellers Lament over Prohibitive Cost of Flight Ticket

    FG, Brazil Deal Spur Air Peace S’American Flight

    NAMA Receives NCAA Certificate for ATC Simulator

    Obi Cubana Commends United Nigeria Airlines  

    Kwara to Begin Cargo Services at Tunde Idiagbon Airport 

    Shareholders Applaud NASD’s Return to Profitability,First Cash Dividend

    Nigerian Printers Urged to Embrace Cost Effective Technologies 

    Zabira Marks Sixth Anniversary, Rebrand as ‘The People’s Wallet’

    FG Drums Support for Industrialisation, Manufacturing Trade Summit 

    Bitget Debuts First-ever RWA Index Perpetuals 

    NNPC under attack but transformation will continue, says GCEO Ojulari 

    Nigeria’s Bosun Tijani joins Elon Musk, Sam Altman on TIME100 AI list

    Agusto & Co. projects 19% profit fall for Nigerian banks in 2025

    Agusto & Co. projects 19% profit fall for Nigerian banks in 2025

    Dangote, Ethiopia sign agreement to build $2.5 billion fertiliser plant

    Dangote, Ethiopia sign agreement to build $2.5 billion fertiliser plant

    FG to begin second round of integrated vaccination in 11 high-risk states, Sept 11–14

    FG approves lifetime salary benefits for retiring service chiefs – Interior Minister