NAF appoints new spokesman
The Nigerian Air Force has announced the appointment of Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame as its new spokesperson. He takes over from Air Vice Marshal Olusola Akinboyewa, who previously held the position. A statement on Thursday by the Deputy Director of Public Relations and Information, Group Captain Kabir Ali, stated that Ejodame is a seasoned officer
Read More
The Nigerian Air Force has announced the appointment of Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame as its new spokesperson. He takes over from Air Vice Marshal Olusola Akinboyewa, who previously held the position. A statement on Thursday by the Deputy Director of Public Relations and Information, Group Captain Kabir Ali, stated that Ejodame is a seasoned officer
Scores of White House security officials fired
Many high-ranking White House National Security Council, NSC, officials were fired on Thursday morning in what appears to be the first significant purge of Donald Trump’s second presidency. It is yet unclear exactly why the officials were let go or if their firing was permanent. However, two of the sources, who spoke to reporters on
Scores of White House security officials fired
Many high-ranking White House National Security Council, NSC, officials were fired on Thursday morning in what appears to be the first significant purge of Donald Trump’s second presidency.
It is yet unclear exactly why the officials were let go or if their firing was permanent.
However, two of the sources, who spoke to reporters on the condition of anonymity, said several were told that there were issues with vetting their background.
DAILY POST reports that among the several senior NSC officials who were fired are David Feith, a senior director overseeing technology and national security, and Brian Walsh, a senior director overseeing intelligence matters.
At the time of filing this report, the National Security Council has not commented on the development.
The firings came a day after an Oval Office meeting between Trump and right-wing conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer, who privately called on the president to fire some NSC staffers.
The National Security Council has been dogged by negative headlines since March, when National Security Advisor Mike Waltz inadvertently added a journalist to a Signal chat in which top Trump officials discussed an imminent bombing campaign in Yemen.
Scores of White House security officials fired
Delta highlights ongoing flood control measures amid heavy downpour
Vehicular movements on Wednesday evening, were grounded at the Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State, following several hours of heavy downpour. Vehicles were trapped, and some motorcycles swept away as they battled to negotiate their way out of the flooded road. Though, no casualty was recorded in the natural disaster but property
Read More
Vehicular movements on Wednesday evening, were grounded at the Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State, following several hours of heavy downpour. Vehicles were trapped, and some motorcycles swept away as they battled to negotiate their way out of the flooded road. Though, no casualty was recorded in the natural disaster but property
‘He Will Be Out For A While’ — Forest Boss Gives Injury Update On Aina
Nottingham Forest manager Nuno Espirito Santo has confirmed Ola Aina will spend time on the sidelines due to a calf injury. Aina was forced off during Forest’s 1-0 win over…
Okomu Oil declares Final Dividend of N26 for registered members
Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc has declared a Final Dividend of N26.00 for each ordinary share of N50 kobo, payable to shareholders listed on the Register of Members as of…
SDP chairmen warn El-Rufai, new members against hijacking structure
The Forum of Social Democratic Party Chairmen on Thursday warned former Kaduna Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, as well as new and prospective members, to abide by the party’s constitution and desist from seeking to change the party leadership or its existing structure. Lagos SDP chairman, Femi Olaniyi, stated this at a press conference in Abuja on
Read More
The Forum of Social Democratic Party Chairmen on Thursday warned former Kaduna Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, as well as new and prospective members, to abide by the party’s constitution and desist from seeking to change the party leadership or its existing structure. Lagos SDP chairman, Femi Olaniyi, stated this at a press conference in Abuja on
ZRA exceeds collection target for third quarter
ZRA has reported a remarkable Sh238.746 billion in collections for the third quarter of the 2024/25 financial year, surpassing its target by 100.06 percent.Read More
DBNC 2025: Navigating challenges, seizing opportunities in a transforming Nigeria
The business landscape in Nigeria is evolving at an unprecedented pace. Economic shifts, technological advancements, and global market forces are reshaping industries, creating both challenges and opportunities. In this dynamic…
Court dismisses suit against Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project
A lawsuit challenging the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project has been dismissed by the Federal High Court due to lack of jurisdiction and subsequently transferred to the Lagos State High Court for adjudication. The case, numbered FHC/L/CS/1488/2024, was filed by Chief Saheed Olukosi (Akogun of Okun-Ajah Community), Noibi Issa Afolayan, Yussuf Odunuga Sulaiman, Olufemi Fasehun, and
Court dismisses suit against Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project
A lawsuit challenging the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project has been dismissed by the Federal High Court due to lack of jurisdiction and subsequently transferred to the Lagos State High Court for adjudication.
The case, numbered FHC/L/CS/1488/2024, was filed by Chief Saheed Olukosi (Akogun of Okun-Ajah Community), Noibi Issa Afolayan, Yussuf Odunuga Sulaiman, Olufemi Fasehun, and Adeola Tokunbo.
Representing the Okun-Ajah community and affected property owners in Eti-Osa Local Government Area, the plaintiffs argued that the road project encroached on their land and sought legal redress.
Their legal representatives, A.O. Ajiboye and E.C. Okorie, urged the court to nullify the alleged encroachment, cancel the road’s design and plans affecting their land, and restrain the first, second, third, and ninth defendants from trespassing or diverting the construction. They also sought compensation for trespass.
However, the defendants, which include the Minister of Works, Dr. Dave Umahi, and Hitech Construction Limited, countered the claims. Their legal team — Prof. J.O. Olatoke (SAN), Y.A.H. Ruba (SAN), Roy U. Nwaeze (SAN), and Ibukun Fasoro — filed a preliminary objection, arguing that the Federal High Court lacked jurisdiction over the matter. Their objection was supported by a seven-point affidavit.
In response, the plaintiffs submitted an 11-paragraph counter-affidavit, but the court ultimately ruled in favor of the defendants.
The ruling, delivered on the objections of the defendants, upheld their position that the Federal High Court lacked jurisdiction. However, instead of striking out the case entirely, the judge invoked Section 22(2) of the Federal High Court Act, which allows for case transfers to the appropriate court.
“Coming from the foregoing, the issues in the two NPO of the first to third defendants and that of the ninth defendant are resolved in favour of the objectors against the plaintiffs,” the ruling stated.
The court affirmed: “The objections of the first to third and ninth defendants/objectors are therefore sustained. This court has no jurisdiction to adjudicate over the subject matter in this case.”
Consequently, the case has been transferred to the Lagos State High Court for further legal proceedings.
The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway, a 700-kilometre infrastructure project under President Bola Tinubu’s administration, has been at the centre of controversy regarding land acquisition, execution and cost transparency.
In November 2024, Minister of Works David Umahi disclosed that the cost per kilometre of the project stands at ₦4 billion, refuting claims by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar that each kilometre would cost ₦8 billion.
Further fuelling public scepticism, reports emerged in March 2025 that journalists were denied access to the construction site of the ₦15 trillion project. Security personnel, allegedly acting on instructions from the project’s contractor, Hitech Construction Company, prevented media representatives from inspecting the progress, raising fresh concerns about transparency, funding and environmental impact.
Court dismisses suit against Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road project
BREAKING: Suspicious package found near White House day after Trump imposed tariffs
Law enforcement is currently responding to reports of a suspicious package near the White House. The area has been secured, and specialized units are on-site to assess the situation. Authorities are urging the public to avoid the vicinity until further notice. The section between 15th and 17th streets is completely shut down. The bomb squad
BREAKING: Suspicious package found near White House day after Trump imposed tariffs
Law enforcement is currently responding to reports of a suspicious package near the White House.
The area has been secured, and specialized units are on-site to assess the situation.
Authorities are urging the public to avoid the vicinity until further notice.
The section between 15th and 17th streets is completely shut down.
The bomb squad is now examining a suspicious package discovered in a dumpster nearby.
The package was found about 500 meters from the White House. President Donald Trump is currently in residence.
This is coming a day after Trump imposed tariffs on several countries, including US allies.
BREAKING: Suspicious package found near White House day after Trump imposed tariffs