Adaobi Alagwu: ‘We have moved on’ – Tunde Ayeni’s family confirms closure on paternity controversy

The family of billionaire businessman, Tunde Ayeni has confirmed that the lingering paternity controversy involving one Adaobi Alagwu and her daughter, Omarosa, has been put to rest.

According to the family, all evidence presented has exonerated Ayeni from any paternal connection to the child, marking a definitive end to the saga.

“This matter is now closed. Tunde Ayeni has moved on, focusing on his family, business, and other productive engagements. There is no relationship whatsoever between him, Adaobi Alagwu, or her daughter,” the family said in a statement.

DAILY POST recalls that the controversy surrounding the paternity of Omarosa came to public attention after Alagwu claimed that Ayeni was the biological father of her child.

Ayeni recently swore an affidavit before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), stating categorically that he has no paternal ties to the child.

In the affidavit, Ayeni alleged that Alagwu manipulated him into believing he was the father, going as far as tampering with a DNA test to support her claims. The businessman emphasized that he has withdrawn any consent previously given for the child to bear his family name.

“Ms Alagwu manipulated me into believing that I was the biological father of her daughter, Omarosa Abimbola Ayeni,” the affidavit read.

“The DNA result claimed by Ms. Alagwu is incorrect, as she tampered with the process by hacking into my wife’s email to manipulate the results. I withdraw any consent previously given for Ms. Alagwu to use my family name for her daughter.”

To further distance himself from the controversy, Ayeni’s legal team issued a “Cease and Desist” letter to Alagwu, instructing her to stop using his family name in connection with her child.

The letter was also copied to the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), requesting that any passport or documentation bearing Ayeni’s family name be invalidated.

The Ayeni Obaniwa family of Iyah-Gbede in Kogi State in a statement on Saturday, reiterated that the family has formally dissociated itself from any form of relationship with Alagwu or her daughter.

“Even if anything had existed in the past, it is now voided by the affidavit, the discredited DNA result, and the directives to the NIS,” the family representative stated.

“Our son, Dr. Tunde Ayeni, has no obligations or connections to Adaobi Alagwu or her child. The matter is permanently closed.”

The family further debunked claims that traditional rites were performed to recognize the child. A family source explained that even if any rites had taken place, they had since been reversed with the consent of both families.

Ayeni himself has publicly stated that he has put the matter behind him.

Speaking to journalists, the businessman expressed his determination to move forward without distractions.

“I have made my mistakes, and I have learned from them,” Ayeni said. “I no longer have anything to do with Adaobi Alagwu or her daughter. This is a new year, and I am focused on more productive discussions and endeavors.

“This chapter is closed for good. We have moved on, and we urge everyone else to do the same.”

Adaobi Alagwu: ‘We have moved on’ – Tunde Ayeni’s family confirms closure on paternity controversy

  • Related Posts

    Akpabio denies Natasha’s assassination claim

    The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Friday, debunked a claim by the suspended Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, that he engaged former Governor Yahaya Bello to kill her as ‘false and malicious.’ The clarification was made in a statement issued in Abuja by Akpabio’s media aide, Eseme Eyiboh. Akpoti-Uduaghan made the allegation while
    Read More

    The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Friday, debunked a claim by the suspended Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, that he engaged former Governor Yahaya Bello to kill her as ‘false and malicious.’ The clarification was made in a statement issued in Abuja by Akpabio’s media aide, Eseme Eyiboh. Akpoti-Uduaghan made the allegation while

    Read More

    South Africa calls for WTO reforms after US tariffs

    South Africa called Friday for the reform and reinforcement of the World Trade Organization after US President Donald Trump imposed sweeping tariffs, saying all nations need to abide by the rules of global trade. The tariffs, including 31 percent on US imports from South Africa, “will significantly disrupt trade across the board”, Trade Minister Parks
    Read More

    South Africa called Friday for the reform and reinforcement of the World Trade Organization after US President Donald Trump imposed sweeping tariffs, saying all nations need to abide by the rules of global trade. The tariffs, including 31 percent on US imports from South Africa, “will significantly disrupt trade across the board”, Trade Minister Parks

    Read More

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

    Business & Economy

    BREAKING: Court bars Akpabio, Natasha Akpoti, and Senate from granting interviews over alleged misconduct case 

    Unfair credit ratings pushing up costs of borrowing for African countries – ECA 

    China retaliates with 34% tariffs on US imports, escalating trade war 

    Nigeria seeks fresh $10.50 million World Bank loan to boost CBN’s technical capacity 

    Decisive factors: Octa carried out a global survey about brokers’ red flags    

    realme C75: Unbreakable Champion Beyond Quality—Redefining Smartphone Durability in Nigeria 

    House of Tara enters a new era: Meet the new Managing Director

    Lagos Independence Bridge to reopen on Sunday, traffic to be restricted to half carriageway – Umahi 

    World’s 2nd richest, Bezos loses $16 billion in 24 hours as Amazon shares fall 

    Brent Crude down by $10 a Barrel, Worst day since 2022

    Why Trump’s reciprocal tariffs may have less direct impact on Africa—Afreximbank Research 

    European organization offers job opportunities with work visa sponsorships for international applicants 

    Top 10 Nigerian stockbrokers by transaction value in Q1 2025 

    Nigerian Senate to address critical Tax Reform Bills after Easter holidays 

    Court orders final forfeiture of FIRS staff’s Abuja, Kano properties over alleged money laundering  

    Trump Tariffs: Why US matters less to Nigeria’s trade story – New report

    EFCC boss vows to tackle non-performing loans  associated with fraud across Nigeria  

    ISA 2025: Nigeria formally recognizes cryptocurrency as securities in new SEC Act 2025 

    Mining Marshals shut down illegal site in Nasarawa, arrest three foreigners 

    SON issues 107 product certifications to 44 companies in Anambra 

    Kwara Government partners IsDB to invest $57.2 million in livestock and rural development 

    Robust frameworks needed for transparent local government fund management in Nigeria – ICPC 

    ICPC re-arraigns Professor Igbinoba over alleged degree peddling and forgery in Benin 

    MTN Group CEO Ralph Mupita appointed as new GSMA Deputy Chair

    9PSB Records 50% Transaction Growth with Qore’s BankOne 

    Essaadi: Foreign Exchange Volatility to Persist in 2025

    Interswitch Donates to Tertiary Institutions to Boost STEM Education

    Hungarian Govt to Bolster Socio-economic Development in Sokoto

    Julius Berger rejigging infrastructural development in Rivers

    eTranzact International Posts N5bn Pre-tax Profit in 2024

    Kitchen App, Kike AI Targets 1m Jobs in Gas, Food Industry

    Minister of State for Works Explores Innovation at World of Asphalt

    After Years of Leasing, Green Africa Acquires Own Aircraft

    Rising Demand, Challenges of Training Pilots

    Minister Umahi faults Lagos Works Controller over Independence Bridge closure 

    Kwara Govt signs agreement to upgrade Omu-Aran general hospital to teaching hospital