Many Houthi leaders dead after new airstrikes – Trump

President Donald Trump said on Monday that United States airstrikes against the Houthis have eliminated several leading figures and foot soldiers. The president, in a post on Truth Social, vowed that military action in Yemen would continue until all attacks on U.S. interests stop. Trump noted that the “Iran-backed Houthi terrorists” had been decimated by
Many Houthi leaders dead after new airstrikes – Trump

President Donald Trump said on Monday that United States airstrikes against the Houthis have eliminated several leading figures and foot soldiers.

The president, in a post on Truth Social, vowed that military action in Yemen would continue until all attacks on U.S. interests stop.

Trump noted that the “Iran-backed Houthi terrorists” had been decimated by relentless strikes over the past two weeks.

“Many of their fighters and leaders are no longer with us. We hit them every day and night — harder and harder,” he wrote.

The president added that the Houthis’ capabilities, which threaten shipping and the region, are rapidly being destroyed.

“Our attacks will continue until they are no longer a threat to freedom of navigation. The choice for the Houthis is clear: stop shooting at U.S. ships, and we will stop shooting at you.

“Otherwise, we have only just begun, and the real pain is yet to come, for both the Houthis and their sponsors in Iran,” the post reads.

Trump’s comments came after U.S. strikes on Monday targeted locations in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, where rebels have held sway since 2014.

At least three people were killed and 12 wounded in the operation, which followed airstrikes early on Friday. The U.S. campaign began on 15 March.

Many Houthi leaders dead after new airstrikes – Trump

Real pain yet to come for Huthis, Iran – Trump

US President Donald Trump has threatened that strikes on Yemen’s Huthis will continue until they no longer pose a threat to shipping. Trump has warned the rebels and their Iranian backers that “real pain” is yet to come. This comes amid a scandal over a conversation between senior US officials regarding the Yemen strikes, which
Real pain yet to come for Huthis, Iran – Trump

US President Donald Trump has threatened that strikes on Yemen’s Huthis will continue until they no longer pose a threat to shipping.

Trump has warned the rebels and their Iranian backers that “real pain” is yet to come.

This comes amid a scandal over a conversation between senior US officials regarding the Yemen strikes, which was accidentally leaked to a journalist.

“The choice for the Huthis is clear: Stop shooting at US ships, and we will stop shooting at you. Otherwise, we have only just begun, and the real pain is yet to come, for both the Huthis and their sponsors in Iran,” Trump wrote on X.

Trump also claimed that the Huthis had been “decimated” by “relentless” strikes since 15 March.

According to him, US forces “hit them every day and night—harder and harder.”

“Our attacks will continue until they are no longer a threat to Freedom of Navigation,” he stated on his social media platform.

In recent days, Trump has repeatedly insisted on what he calls the success of US strikes on the Huthis whenever questioned about the so-called “Signalgate” scandal, which has shaken his administration.

Real pain yet to come for Huthis, Iran – Trump

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich resigns

The Israeli Minister of Finance, Bezalel Smotrich, has resigned from his post. Smotrich communicated his resignation in a letter addressed to Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, on Monday. A spokesperson for Smotrich said the move was a protest against nationalist-religious Jewish Power party head Itamar Ben Gvir’s request for more ministerial positions upon his return
Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich resigns

The Israeli Minister of Finance, Bezalel Smotrich, has resigned from his post.

Smotrich communicated his resignation in a letter addressed to Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, on Monday.

A spokesperson for Smotrich said the move was a protest against nationalist-religious Jewish Power party head Itamar Ben Gvir’s request for more ministerial positions upon his return to the government.

In the letter, Smotrich announced his resignation as a cabinet minister and his resumption of a seat in the Knesset for his far-right Religious Zionism party.

With his decision to reclaim his status, Smotrich would push Otzma Yehudit MK Yitzhak Kroizer out of parliament.

When Amichai Eliyahu became Heritage Minister in 2023, Kroizer became an MK under the so-called Norwegian Law, which allows ministers and deputy ministers from large factions to resign from the Knesset, with their seats filled by members of their parties.

However, a statement by Religious Zionism said the move was in response to Otzma Yehudit chief and National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir’s “violation of the agreements” between him, Smotrich, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party.

The statement said that when Otzma Yehudit quit the coalition in January, Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu’s resignation from the cabinet forced the resignation of then-Religious Zionism MK Zvi Sukkot, who held a lower spot on the two parties’ joint electoral list in the 2022 legislative election, rather than Kroizer.

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich resigns

Atletico Madrid want to sign 40m Man Utd winger?


Atletico Madrid are interested in signing Manchester United winger Antony for 40 million this summer, according to iNews.

Application for National Poverty Eradication Programme NAPEP Recruitment 2025

We wish to inform the general public that the NAPEP recruitment portal 2025 is currently open for registration. The National Poverty Eradication Programme invites interested and qualified persons who are looking to land their entry role in the corporate world to submit an application. Applications for the National Poverty Eradication Programme NAPEP is ongoing. We
Read More

We wish to inform the general public that the NAPEP recruitment portal 2025 is currently open for registration. The National Poverty Eradication Programme invites interested and qualified persons who are looking to land their entry role in the corporate world to submit an application. Applications for the National Poverty Eradication Programme NAPEP is ongoing. We

Read More

Delta clarifies delay of N1bn MSME loan, explains process

The Delta Government has assured that the N1bn soft loan it approved for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the state would be ready soon. The Executive Assistant to Governor Sheriff Oborevwori on Public Enlightenment (Projects and Policies), Mr Olisa Ifeajika, disclosed this while clarifying certain issues to newsmen on Monday in Asaba. Ifeajika recalled
Read More

The Delta Government has assured that the N1bn soft loan it approved for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the state would be ready soon. The Executive Assistant to Governor Sheriff Oborevwori on Public Enlightenment (Projects and Policies), Mr Olisa Ifeajika, disclosed this while clarifying certain issues to newsmen on Monday in Asaba. Ifeajika recalled

Read More

Oba of Benin replaces suspended dukes, appoints new district head

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has appointed Chief Emmanuel Iyase as the Okao Eguae (Palace District Head) for Ologbo and Ehor Dukedoms in Edo State, replacing the suspended Enigie (Dukes) of the two areas. Iyase’s appointment comes after the suspension of Prince Owen Jackson Akenzua (Ologbo) and Chief D. E. Igiehon (Ehor), along with
Read More

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has appointed Chief Emmanuel Iyase as the Okao Eguae (Palace District Head) for Ologbo and Ehor Dukedoms in Edo State, replacing the suspended Enigie (Dukes) of the two areas. Iyase’s appointment comes after the suspension of Prince Owen Jackson Akenzua (Ologbo) and Chief D. E. Igiehon (Ehor), along with

Read More

Oba of Benin replaces suspended dukes, appoints new palace head

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has appointed Chief Emmanuel Iyase as the Okao Eguae (Palace District Head) for Ologbo and Ehor Dukedoms in Edo State, replacing the suspended Enigie (Dukes) of the two areas. Iyase’s appointment comes after the suspension of Prince Owen Jackson Akenzua (Ologbo) and Chief D. E. Igiehon (Ehor), along with
Read More

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has appointed Chief Emmanuel Iyase as the Okao Eguae (Palace District Head) for Ologbo and Ehor Dukedoms in Edo State, replacing the suspended Enigie (Dukes) of the two areas. Iyase’s appointment comes after the suspension of Prince Owen Jackson Akenzua (Ologbo) and Chief D. E. Igiehon (Ehor), along with

Read More

Climate finance: CSO tasks govts on transparency in disbursement of funds

A civil society organisation, Peace Point Development Foundation, PPDF, has called on the Nigerian government, as well as the Akwa Ibom State government, to ensure transparency, fairness, and accountability in the disbursement of the incoming Loss and Damage Funds. This was part of the communiqué issued at the end of the Conference of Parties 29,
Climate finance: CSO tasks govts on transparency in disbursement of funds

A civil society organisation, Peace Point Development Foundation, PPDF, has called on the Nigerian government, as well as the Akwa Ibom State government, to ensure transparency, fairness, and accountability in the disbursement of the incoming Loss and Damage Funds.

This was part of the communiqué issued at the end of the Conference of Parties 29, COP29, debriefing meeting, held in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, and organised by PPDF in preparation for COP30.

The organisation urged sub-national governments, community actors, and other CSOs to position themselves to monitor the inflow and management of the funds. They advised that, once received, the funds should be utilised to mitigate the impact of climate change and gas flaring in oil-ravaged communities.

The meeting also emphasised the need to remove the World Bank from hosting the Loss and Damage funds under COP, citing its continued financing of fossil fuel extraction.

Additionally, they called on the Akwa Ibom State government to formulate a Climate-Responsive Budget to address the state’s climate challenges.

Speaking on the upcoming COP30 in Brazil, PPDF decried the increasing influence of fossil fuel corporations and their funding of previous COPs, lamenting: “They influence the agenda, they influence the conversations, and they influence the outcome of discussions. That is why we have been unable to take substantive action towards phasing out fossil fuels at all levels.”

It also called for greater collaboration between the Akwa Ibom Ministry of Environment and civil society organisations to develop a joint action plan and ensure active participation at COP30.

The meeting, while describing the United States’ withdrawal from the Paris Agreement as an injustice against the world, urged the highly industrialised Global North to take responsibility for reducing fossil fuel emissions and provide financial support to developing nations to aid their transition to sustainable and cleaner energy sources.

The communiqué read in part: “The state government should establish a transparent and accountable mechanism to receive the Loss and Damage funds for vulnerable communities on the frontline of climate impact.

“It is not appropriate for the World Bank to host the Loss and Damage funds, given its ongoing financing of fossil fuel extraction.

“The impact of climate change is already evident, with rising temperatures and the submersion of many shoreline communities along the Atlantic Ocean, such as Itak Abasi in Ibeno Local Government Area.

“Akwa Ibom State is at the frontline of climate impact due to its coastal boundary with the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore, the sub-national government must take climate change seriously.

“The $300 billion allocated for climate finance falls significantly short of the $1.3 trillion expected at COP29.”

Climate finance: CSO tasks govts on transparency in disbursement of funds

Tinubu congratulates Jim Ovia on Freedom of City of London’s honour

President Bola Tinubu has congratulated the founder and chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Jim Ovia, on his admission to the prestigious Freedom of the City of London. Tinubu described the honour as a fitting recognition of Ovia’s exceptional contributions to business, innovation, and technology. He also highlighted Ovia’s significant role in shaping Nigeria’s financial landscape
Read More

President Bola Tinubu has congratulated the founder and chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Jim Ovia, on his admission to the prestigious Freedom of the City of London. Tinubu described the honour as a fitting recognition of Ovia’s exceptional contributions to business, innovation, and technology. He also highlighted Ovia’s significant role in shaping Nigeria’s financial landscape

Read More

Business & Economy

Ex-Minister to reward Sterling bank for halting transfer charges
Investors lose N91bn as Nigerian Exchange opens bearish
Equinix strengthens commitment to Nigeria’s digital economy with New Data Centre Expansion
Custodian Investment proposes N6.5 billion final dividend as annual profit surges 172%
GTCO, Access Holdings, Custodian Investment top stock pick this week