Kaduna LG Poll: Sen Katung condemns killing of councillorship candidate, brother

The Senator representing the Southern Kaduna, Sunday Mashall Katung, has condemned the killing of Raymond Timothy Adai, a councilorship candidate in the Kaduna State local government election. Ada was reportedly killed alongside his younger brother, James Timothy. The senator condemned the killing in a statement he issued on Monday. “Mr Adai, a councillorship candidate of
Kaduna LG Poll: Sen Katung condemns killing of councillorship candidate, brother

The Senator representing the Southern Kaduna, Sunday Mashall Katung, has condemned the killing of Raymond Timothy Adai, a councilorship candidate in the Kaduna State local government election.

Ada was reportedly killed alongside his younger brother, James Timothy.

The senator condemned the killing in a statement he issued on Monday.

“Mr Adai, a councillorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and his younger brother were attacked and killed on Sunday evening, 29th September 2024, while on their way back from a political campaign in Kizachi Village of Pari Ward.

“More worrisome is the fact that Mr Timothy left behind a pregnant wife and three children.

“The government’s primary responsibility is the security and welfare of its people; consequently, I wish to once again reiterate my previous call on the Government of Kaduna State to thoroughly investigate and address these recurrent security challenges in our state, especially in Kauru Local Government, to ensure that our citizens are well protected.

“The only way we can avenge this gruesome murder is by ensuring that the perpetrators are found and made to face the consequences of their actions.

“I extend my deepest condolences to Mr Raymond’s wife, his children, the entire Timothy family, the people of Pari Ward, and the entire Kauru Local Government on this great loss.

“I stand in solidarity with their family while praying for the peaceful repose of the souls of our brothers,” parts of the statement read.

Kaduna LG Poll: Sen Katung condemns killing of councillorship candidate, brother

Gas explosion rocks Nigerian journalist’s home, injures 2, leaves newborn in coma

A suspected gas explosion has occurred at the residence of a Nigerian journalist, Abdulkareem Haruna, sending shockwaves through the neighborhood. This was made known on Monday by Zagazola Makama, a…

NAF destroys terrorists’ logistics base in Kaduna

The Nigerian Air Force, NAF, says its Air Component of Operation Whirl Punch, OPWP, has destroyed a terrorist logistics base at Yadi Forest in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The Deputy Director, Public Relations and Information, NAF, Group Capt. Kabiru Ali, made this known in a statement on Monday in Abuja. Ali said
NAF destroys terrorists’ logistics base in Kaduna

The Nigerian Air Force, NAF, says its Air Component of Operation Whirl Punch, OPWP, has destroyed a terrorist logistics base at Yadi Forest in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

The Deputy Director, Public Relations and Information, NAF, Group Capt. Kabiru Ali, made this known in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

Ali said the operation was executed following credible intelligence indicating huge presence of terrorists and their weapons cache in the Yadi Forest.

According to him, the intensive intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance confirmed the consistent presence of terrorists and their motorcycles at the location.

He stated that additional intelligence revealed that the logistics base belonged to the notorious terrorist kingpin, Kadade Gurgu, a close ally of Dogo Gide.

Ali further said that available intelligence at the disposal of the NAF revealed that Kadage Gurgu had been providing shelter for notorious terrorist kingpins following the aggressive military operations in Sokoto and Zamfara States.

He added that the air component dispatched an aircraft, supported by an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, ISR, platform, to attack the target.

According to him, the target area initially appeared uninhabited but as the aircraft approached, some of the terrorists were seen emerging from under the shrubbery and running away from the area.

“Subsequently, the target were engaged recording successful hits on the logistics facility, which was engulfed in flames with thick black smoke seen.

“Reports from independent sources, including local informants around the general area, later confirmed that the logistics base was totally destroyed and scores of terrorists were killed as a result of the attack.

“The NAF, in collaboration with surface forces, will continue to dominate the battlespace through extensive situational awareness, constant patrols, and targeted interdiction of bandits’ safe havens within its area of responsibility and neighbouring states.

“This aims to decimate and flush out terrorism and criminal activities within the Northwest and North Central region,” he said.

NAF destroys terrorists’ logistics base in Kaduna

UPDATED: World Bank okays $1.57bn loan for Nigeria

The World Bank has approved three new loan requests totalling $1.57bn in financing for Nigeria. According to a statement released on Monday, the approval is to support the Federal Government in strengthening human capital through better health for women, children and adolescents. It added that the approved projects would also help build resilience to the
Read More

The World Bank has approved three new loan requests totalling $1.57bn in financing for Nigeria. According to a statement released on Monday, the approval is to support the Federal Government in strengthening human capital through better health for women, children and adolescents. It added that the approved projects would also help build resilience to the

Read More

Warri community threatens to disrupt IOCs’ operations over failure to dredge Escravos

Residents of Ugborodo, a riverine settlement in Warri, Delta State, has decried environmental degradation in the community due to the activities of International Oil Companies, IOCs. The residents of the community, operating under the aegis of Ugborodo Community Youth Development Body, in an open letter addressed to President Bola Tinubu, signed by Wilson Ejeh and
Warri community threatens to disrupt IOCs’ operations over failure to dredge Escravos

Residents of Ugborodo, a riverine settlement in Warri, Delta State, has decried environmental degradation in the community due to the activities of International Oil Companies, IOCs.

The residents of the community, operating under the aegis of Ugborodo Community Youth Development Body, in an open letter addressed to President Bola Tinubu, signed by Wilson Ejeh and David Mamah, President and Public Relations Officer, respectively, expressed disaffection over the neglect of the Delta Port in Warri by the immediate past and the present administration.

They said efforts made to the minister of Marine and Blue Economy and heads of parastatals under him, either through written or verbal communication, to make them commit to the dredging of Escravos Bar Mouth/ Warri River, fell on deaf ears, adding that they will mobilise to obstruct activities of oil companies of the trend continues.

The letter noted that all the appeals and entreaties made by the community to the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Gboyega Oyetola, to dredge the Escravos Bar Mouth and Warri River with a view to allowing bigger ships and vessels access Delta ports and subsequently revitalize commercial activities in Delta and neighbouring states, for the overall benefit of the nation, have been ignored.

Parts of the letter read: “These entreaties, include the recent open letter addressed to Your Excellency, which was widely publicized in various print and online media across the country.

“This I – don’t – care attitude of the minister is not only disrespectful to the
Ugborodo people, other Itsekiris and our neighbours, but tantamount to economic sabotage and deliberate attempt to project your administration in bad light before Deltans.

“It is vitally important at this juncture to emphasize that vessels that occasionally pass through the Escravos Bar Mouth, are often grounded for more than two weeks, as a result of NNPCL pipelines shallowly laid decades ago, resulting in astronomical increase in transportation and allied costs on the part of the importers.

“This leads to near comatose of the over 20 petrol depots in Delta State and eventually translates into huge financial burden on the consumers, especially riverine dwellers who are compelled to cough out times two of what urban residents spend to buy diesel, PMS (fuel) and other petroleum products.”

Warri community threatens to disrupt IOCs’ operations over failure to dredge Escravos

  • Sports
  • September 30, 2024
  • 22 views
Cryptocurrency – Bitcoin: Earn $5,000 A Day By Participating In CrytocoinMiner

According to the interview, Charlotte specializes in photovoltaic panel installation and started a cryptocurrency mining business in his cellar five years ago. He made the most important fortune in his…

Customers drag First Bank over frequent debits

Some customers of First Bank Plc have taken to social media to drag the bank over what they described as unnecessary debits from the money-keeping giant. In several reactions on their Facebook page, @First Bank of Nigeria Limited on Sunday, the customers expressed their frustration over uncountable debits from the bank in the last two
Read More

Some customers of First Bank Plc have taken to social media to drag the bank over what they described as unnecessary debits from the money-keeping giant. In several reactions on their Facebook page, @First Bank of Nigeria Limited on Sunday, the customers expressed their frustration over uncountable debits from the bank in the last two

Read More

Body of Hezbollah leader recovered as Israel kills another top leader

The body of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, killed in an Israeli air strike in southern Beirut, has been recovered, a source close to the movement told AFP on Sunday. Friday’s air strike also killed Ali Karake, the group’s top commander in southern Lebanon, Hezbollah said on Sunday. It has not named others who died alongside
Read More

The body of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah, killed in an Israeli air strike in southern Beirut, has been recovered, a source close to the movement told AFP on Sunday. Friday’s air strike also killed Ali Karake, the group’s top commander in southern Lebanon, Hezbollah said on Sunday. It has not named others who died alongside

Read More

How #EndSARS coordinators shared millions — Beneficiary

A social media user, Princess Banke Oniru, has alleged that some coordinators of the protest against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force shared millions of naira severally.  Nigerians attracted global attention after they took to the streets across the country in late 2020 protest to call for the disbandment of SARS, accused
Read More

A social media user, Princess Banke Oniru, has alleged that some coordinators of the protest against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force shared millions of naira severally.  Nigerians attracted global attention after they took to the streets across the country in late 2020 protest to call for the disbandment of SARS, accused

Read More

Crude oil theft: Over 8,000 illegal refineries destroyed in six months- NNPCL

Over 8,000 illegal refineries have been destroyed within the last six months, according to the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited read more Crude oil theft: Over 8,000 illegal refineries destroyed…

Business & Economy

We’re Making Vehicle Ownership Easier for Nigerians, Says Carloha
Budget reports delayed by project checks, fiscal transition – Budget office
Nigerian Government introduces new medium-term strategy towards achieving $1 trillion economy
TCN speaks on explosion claim at Onitsha sub-region
NNPC requires $60 billion investment to boost oil, gas, refining capacity – Ojulari