- Man Utd bidder plans to give Liverpool target ‘role’ under new regime ‘if takeover is successful’
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite and Nord Buds 2 to be introduced on April 4
- Euro 2024 qualifying: Follow Italy vs England with Football365’s Live Score centre…
- Man Utd takeover: Fans warned ‘competitive tension’ is fabricated as Glazers will ‘drag on’ £6bn sale
- Tecno Spark 10 Pro launched in India
Meet Nigeria’s WORLD CHAMPION, Tobi Amusan who broke the World Record twice within 24 hours!!!
Nigerians proud of Tobi Amusan for breaking World Record!!!
Tobi Amusan from Nigeria is the latest sensation in World Athletics!
Nigeria’s Tobi Amusan has set the 100m hurdles world record ablaze after breaking the record twice in just over an hour en route the world title.
SOUTH AFRICAN Rand
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Dirham SEE MORE
Business News Round Up
- Businesses suffering due to govt’s policies running at cross purposes – OyerindeThe presidential election has come and gone and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the president-elect, while we allow the politicians to deal with the issues arising from the election and also allow the court to play its role. The post Businesses suffering due to govt’s policies running at cross purposes – Oyerinde […]
- ‘Nigerian government can stabilise naira using friendly policies, cryptocurrency’Ray Youssef, founder/Chief Executive Officer of Paxful, a global peer-to-peer finance platform, who visited Nigeria recently to discuss opportunities in cryptocurrency, advised government on measures to stabilise the naira. The post ‘Nigerian government can stabilise naira using friendly policies, cryptocurrency’ appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News.
- Cordros Economic Outlook for 2023 reveals high inflation, volatile equity marketCordros Capital Limited has predicted high inflation and a volatile equity market in the Nigerian economy for 2023. At a press conference in Lagos Monday, with the theme 'Charting Through a Pervasive Slowdown'" the firm disclosed their market and economic expectations for the year and their advice on the best investment opportunities. The Managing Director […]
- Volatility equals opportunity – What to do when markets are uncertain The first six months of 2022 have proved disastrous for most markets. The technology sector and cryptocurrency saw a huge selloff. The only sectors that continue to thrive are oil and wheat, though this is directly attributed to volatility caused by the ongoing conflict in Eastern Europe. And yet amidst the market turmoil, there's […]
- Nigerian businesses are adopting embedded finance as the future of payments“Cash is king” so says the famous adage. But digital payments have been waging and winning a silent war against cash for years. Looking back at the payments landscape in Nigeria over the years, a significant shift is noticeable - Digital payment has been like a guerrilla army, silently waging a war of attrition against […]
Politics in Nigeria
IPAC commends INEC, voters for peaceful polls in Yobe
Inter-Party Advisory Council (IPAC) has commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and voters in Yobe State for the peaceful conduct of the general elections.
The council’s chairman in Yobe State, Comrade Bala Muhammad gave the commendation while speaking to newsmen in Damaturu on the general conduct of the national exercise.
According to IPAC the conduct of all candidates and their supporters were very peaceful throughout the electioneering exercise in the state, with the security operatives carrying out their duties professionally.
“The Council commends the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for substantially adhering to the provisions of the law in conducting both the presidential and National Assembly elections, as well as the governorship and state assembly elections here in Yobe state,” he said.
He added that, it has become evident that the above factors gave INEC the support to organise free, fair, transparent and incontestable elections in every part of the state.
“There were no reports of intimidation, vote buying or any act inimical to the Electoral Act throughout the state. Yobe State is, therefore, a role model of clean elections in Nigeria,” the Council added.
As representatives of all political parties under the aegis of IPAC, Comrade Muhammad endorsed and approved the elections conducted in Yobe State.
PDP Dissolves Katsina State Executive Committee
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced the dissolution of its Executive Committee in Katsina State with immediate effect.
The development was made known in a statement on Wednesday by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Debo Ologunagba.
He explained that the decision was taken by the National Working Committee (NWC) on behalf of the National Executive Committee (NEC) after extensive deliberations on the matter.
The statement reads: “After extensive deliberation on issues relating to the Katsina State Chapter of our great Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the National Working Committee (NWC) on behalf of the National Executive Committee (NEC) hereby approves the dissolution of the PDP Katsina State Executive Committee with immediate effect.
“The decision of the NWC is pursuant to Sections 29(2)(b) and 31(2)(e) of the Constitution of the PDP (as amended in 2017).”
The PDP according to the statement further charges all leaders, critical stakeholders, and teeming members of the party in Katsina State to remain united and focused on the task ahead.
PDP Screens, Clears Diri For Bayelsa Governorship Election
In another development, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governorship Screening Committee for Bayelsa State has screened and cleared Senator Douye Diri for the November 11 governorship election in the state.
Naija News understands that Diri was the only aspirant from the party that has picked the PDP nomination and expression of interest forms for the November gubernatorial election.
The chairman of the screening committee and Edo State deputy governor, Comrade Philip Shaibu, said the panel screened Diri in line with the guidelines of the party and as stipulated in the electoral law.
Speaking after the screening exercise which took place at the PDP headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday, Shaibu said the Bayelsa governor met all the requirements of the party for the election.
This article was originally published on Naija News
Latest Hot Gist in details
Election Tribunal: David Umahi Tells Atiku, Peter Obi What To Do
The Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi has called on the presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Atiku Abubakar and his counterpart in the Labour Party(LP), Peter Obi to accept the outcome of the presidential election and smoke the peace pipe.
According to him, both opposition flag bearers should accept the victory of the president-elect, Bola Tinubu as the will of God and drop their petitions at the election tribunal.
Umahi pleaded with both of them to embrace peace and join hands with Tinubu to rebuild Nigeria, Naija News learnt.
The governor made the call during a Statewide broadcast and Press Conference on Wednesday at the Executive Council Chambers of the Government House in Abakaliki.
Umahi commended President Muhammadu Buhari and the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu for the invaluable innovations brought into Nigeria’s electoral process.
While congratulating all the elected in the APC from federal to state levels, including the Ebonyi State Governor-elect, Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru, the governor said “Let me officially congratulate the President-elect, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu and his Vice, Kashim Shettima for the glorious victory God granted them.
“I plead with our brother, His Excellency Peter Obi and His Excellency, the former Vice President of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, to accept the verdict of God and join hands with the President-elect and his Vice to move Nigeria forward.
“We thank God very very highly, and let me thank Ebonyi people from my heart for trusting us; for believing in us; for voting for APC.
“Now that victory is here, it is time to work for this Nation; it is time to rebuild the nation.
“Let me thank the APC family and urge them to be magnanimous in victory by extending hands of fellowship to other Candidates.”
This article was originally published on Naija News
EPL: Emmanuel Frimpong names four Arsenal players better than Ozil
Former Arsenal player, Emmanuel Frimpong, has named four Gunners stars in the ‘Arsenal Emirates era’ who were better than playmaker Mesut Ozil at the Gunners.
Ozil, who scored 44 goals and 79 assists across 254 games for Arsenal between 2013 and 2021 and won four FA Cups, announced his retirement from playing football on Wednesday.
The former Germany international left Arsenal for Fenerbahce and most recently played for Istanbul Basaksehir before his retirement.
When asked about Ozil’s legacy at Arsenal, Frimpong told BettingSites: “Ozil was not the best player of the Arsenal Emirates era.
“The top three are Robin van Persie, Santi Cazorla and Alexis Sanchez. Cesc Fabregas would be fourth too, so Ozil might make the top five.”
EPL: Emmanuel Frimpong names four Arsenal players better than Ozil
Fashion & Lifestyle
- False! No evidence to support ritualistic claim against CDC Chairman in Charloe’s murder
Claim: The family of Justice Gloria Musu-Scott, in a recent statement, quotes the ruling party Chairman Mulbah Morlu as saying, “their daughter Charloe Musu was killed for ritualistic purposes.” Verdict: False. Online research on the particular Press Conference revealed that Morlu did not mention such a statement. The ruling party chairman also openly clarified the … The post False! No evidence to support ritualistic claim against CDC Chairman in Charloe’s murder appeared first on Dubawa.
- No evidence Police colluded with thugs, INEC, to disrupt Rivers State election
CLAIM: Twitter users have shared a video claiming that police officers colluded with PDP thugs and INEC ad-hoc officials to whisk away ballot boxes in ward 20, polling unit 042, Port Harcourt Local Government Area (PHALGA) of Rivers state, during the governorship elections. FINDING: From the NFC’s footage review, the police officers did not engage … The post No evidence Police colluded with thugs, INEC, to disrupt Rivers State election appeared first on Dubawa.
- Doctored statement of INEC’s presiding Officer for Abia state circulates WhatsApp
CLAIM: A broadcast message circulated on social media, particularly WhatsApp, implies that the INEC’s presiding Officer for Abia state, Professor Nnenna Oti, stated that the INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu “directed” her to influence election results in Abia state. FINDING: The alleged statement is found to have been doctored and altered. Although Ms Oti made … The post Doctored statement of INEC’s presiding Officer for Abia state circulates WhatsApp appeared first on Dubawa.
- True! INEC Collation officer in Abia state brutalised by thugs
CLAIM: A Twitter user @omoelerinjare posted a video stating that the INEC collation officer deployed to Obingwa LGA in Abia State was brutalised by PDP thugs for not allowing them to change election results. FINDING: According to Radio Nigeria’s report, INEC’s office in Obingwa Local Government of Abia state was attacked last Sunday. Some of … The post True! INEC Collation officer in Abia state brutalised by thugs appeared first on Dubawa.
- Enugu’s gubernatorial election suspended; no winner announced
Claim: A Twitter user, Chinaza #PeterObi-HypeMan (@MuchTalksBlog1), claims the Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in Enugu state, Chijioke Edeoga, has won the Governorship election. FINDING: As of noon today, INEC is yet to declare the winner of the gubernatorial election in Enugu state. A press statement released by the commission says collation has been suspended in … The post Enugu’s gubernatorial election suspended; no winner announced appeared first on Dubawa.