Meet Nigeria’s WORLD CHAMPION, Tobi Amusan who broke the World Record twice within 24 hours!!!
Nigerians proud of Tobi Amusan for breaking World Record!!!
Nigeria’s Tobi Amusan has set the 100m hurdles world record ablaze after breaking the record twice in just over an hour en route the world title.
SOUTH AFRICAN Rand
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Dirham SEE MORE
- Al-Bahrani advocates for accountability, sustainable business practices at ESG ForumThe managing director, BAT West and Central Africa,Yarub Al-Bahrani, has announced that the company initiated the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Forum to address the need for sustainable and responsible practices in the manufacturing sector. Yarub disclosed this at the maiden edition of the Private Sector ESG Forum hosted by British American Tobacco (BAT) Nigeria […]
- NEPZA to list Free Trade Zones on NGX, digitise operations.As Ogunyemi takes over from Prof. Adesugba as MD The newly appointed Managing Director of the Nigerian Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) Dr. Olorunfemi Ogunyemi has said that the agency will focus in ensuring that all the Free Trade Zones (FTZs)] spread across the country are properly listed on the nation’s stock exchange to further […]
- ‘How CBN’s policy may affect TETFund's foreign scholarship, others’Sponsorship of foreign scholarships and conferences for members of academic staff from the various beneficiary institutions has been one of the major areas of interest to the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund). The post ‘How CBN’s policy may affect TETFund's foreign scholarship, others’ appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News.
- Zamfara State education to receive boost as Lawal, Echono meet in AbujaGoing by the commitment given by the Executive Secretary, Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund), Arc. Sonny Echono, Zamfara State tertiary education will soon receive desired attention by way of interventions. The post Zamfara State education to receive boost as Lawal, Echono meet in Abuja appeared first on The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World […]
- When TETFund builds capacity of ICT staff in beneficiary institutionsRecently, the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund), played host to a large number of staff of the department of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) from various beneficiary tertiary institutions across the country, who gathered at the Fund’s Abuja office for a two-day capacity building on ICT essential skills. The post When TETFund builds capacity of […]
Politics in Nigeria
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has dissolved the Rivers State executive committees of the party at all levels.
The development was announced by the APC National Publicity Secretary, Barrister Felix Morka.
Speaking to newsmen at the end of the NWC meeting on Wednesday night in Abuja, Morka disclosed that a caretaker committee would be chaired by Chief Tony Okocha, with Chief Eric Nwibani as secretary.
Other members of the Rivers APC caretaker committee to be inaugurated on Friday are Hon. Chibuike Ikenga, Prince Stephen Abolo, Hon. Silvester Vidin, Senibo Karibi Dan-Jumbo and Miss Darling Amadi.
Morka explained that the caretaker committee is mandated to conduct a comprehensive and fresh electronic party registration of all members in the state.
“The caretaker committee subject to the directives of the NWC was entrusted with preparing for the conduct of congresses to facilitate the emergence of new executive committees for the party at various levels, extending from the ward to the state,” he added.
The APC spokesman said the caretaker committee has six months to deliver on its mandate
Naija News understands that Okocha is an ardent supporter and political ally of the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike.
Okocha recently led a delegation of Wike’s loyalists on a courtesy visit to the APC National Chairman, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje in Abuja, where he accused Rotimi Amaechi of working against Tinubu in the last election.
The post APC Dissolves Rivers Exco, Puts Wike’s Loyalists In Charge appeared first on Naija News.
The National Conscience Party (NCP) presidential candidate in 2015, Martin Onovo, has claimed that President Bola Tinubu came a distant third in the 2023 presidential polls.
Onovo argued that the president was not qualified to participate in the election and also lost after contesting.
The former NCP flag bearer made the claims while speaking with The Sun.
He insisted that the Supreme Court was unlawful and lacked the jurisdiction to hear the appeal.
Onovo stated that a dysfunctional judiciary cannot change the fact that Tinubu was not qualified to contest.
According to him, “It has been in the public space that court officials and judges are easily bribed by litigants to obviate delays and or obtain favourable judgements.’ The majority of Nigerians know the facts, a dysfunctional judiciary cannot change the facts. Jagaban Tinubu was not qualified to participate in the election ab initio and he lost the election woefully. He was a very distant third. Jagaban Tinubu himself knows this. Both local and international observers reported the fraud. The international community knows this and international news organisations have published these widely. Even the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) did a report on the fraudulent results in Rivers State.
“It is our considered opinion that the Supreme Court panel was unlawful and so lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. The panel clearly violated the constitutional Federal Character requirement. It is beyond doubt that Bola Tinubu was not qualified to participate in the election on several grounds. These grounds include perjury, forgery, dual citizenship, forfeiture of $460,000 proceeds of narcotics trafficking in Chicago, USA.”
The post Tinubu Knows That He Came A Distant Third In The Presidential Elections – Onovo appeared first on Naija News.
Latest Hot Gist in details
A Federal High Court has frozen the accounts of the Kano State Government due to its failure to comply with a court order to pay N30 billion in compensation to victims of the Filling Idi Demolition exercise.
The frozen order affects 24 Kano State bank accounts, including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) account of the state.
The presiding judge, Justice E.A Ekwo, has also directed the Kano State Government to appear before the court on January 18 to provide an explanation regarding the freezing of N30 billion in the affected bank accounts.
The funds are intended to be granted to the Incorporated Trustees of Masallacin Eid Shop Owners.
The Ogun State Police Command has successfully solved the puzzle surrounding the disappearance of Quadri Salami, a 100-level student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
In a statement by the command spokesperson, Omolola Odutola, it was revealed that Quadri’s father reported the sudden disappearance of his son on November 14, 2023, at the Kenta Police station. The distressed father mentioned that he hadn’t seen his son since November 8, and all attempts to locate him had been futile.
Further details provided by Odutola indicated that the State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, achieved a major breakthrough on Wednesday. The Commissioner personally led a Tactical Squad to Mile 6 in the Ajebo area of Abeokuta, where a shallow grave containing the decomposed body parts of the deceased was unearthed.
This development followed a tracking clue leading to the arrest of Akeem Usman, who was found in possession of the victim’s phone.
The PPRO added that “He (Akeem) implicated one Ifadowo Niyi that both of them committed the heinous crime by slaughtering the victim (Quadri) and dismembered his vital parts for ritual purposes.
“He added that Ifadowo went away with Quadri’s head and his two wrists and paid the sum of one hundred thousand Naira into Akeem Usman’s account as proceeds from the sale of the human body parts.
“The suspects thereafter continued to sell the victim’s other body parts on demand to internet fraudsters and buried the heart, two legs, and flesh inside a plastic rubber for rituals and used the remaining parts for ‘awure’ a crime against humanity.
“Among their confessional statement, the duo admitted that they have used four other human heads for money rituals known as ‘Osole.’
“The suspects are now in Eleweran at SCID for continuation of discreet investigations and will definitely be prosecuted“, Odutola said.
“The CP remain committed to ensuring that justice is served and will continue to investigate further to bring all perpetrators to face the full extent of the Law. Stating that such criminal involvement endangers innocent lives, urging parents to collectively work together with the police in Ogun by giving volunteer information to eradicate such nefarious practices,” the PRO added.
The post Police Apprehend Alleged Ritualist, Uncover Decomposed Body Of OAU Student In Ogun appeared first on Naija News.
Fashion & Lifestyle
- Glitz, glamour as Luca Visage celebrates one decade of Scavolini luxury interior designs
- Kokopelli Gallery showcases societal patterns, commonalities, interconnectedness, others
- Salvi Lighting unveils ‘Illuminating Nigeria’
- Viv, a resonating voice in music industry set to drop first single
- Zero wall puncturing with picture table
- Ghana-must-go ban issued by Ethiopian Airline, not FAAN
Claim: FAAN bans Ghana-must-go bags. Verdict: MISLEADING. FAAN has distanced itself from the development, noting the ban came from Ethiopian Airlines. Full Text On Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, news that the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) had banned the use of matted woven, popularly called Ghana-must-go bags, was published by Arise News, Leadership, Daily … The post Ghana-must-go ban issued by Ethiopian Airline, not FAAN appeared first on Dubawa.
- DUBAWA Editor selected as finalists for 2023 Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting
Kemi Busari, Editor of West African fact-checking platform DUBAWA, has been named along with ten other finalists for the 2023 Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting (WSAIR) by the board of judges at the 18th edition of the prestigious award. The news of Mr Busari’s selection was contained in a press release by the Wole … The post DUBAWA Editor selected as finalists for 2023 Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting appeared first on Dubawa.
- Mbappe, Adekunle Gold, never football teammates, as claimed in viral image
Claim: Adekunle Gold was a football teammate of Mbappe’s. Verdict: FALSE. Open source data reveals that Kylian Mbappe was six when he joined AS Bondy football academy and Adekunle Gold was 17. Furthermore, an interview with Punch newspaper indicates that Adekunle Gold was neither an academy football player nor a professional. Full Text Apart from … The post Mbappe, Adekunle Gold, never football teammates, as claimed in viral image appeared first on Dubawa.
- Jailbreak at Padema Road Prison, true
Claim: Viral videos on social media suggest prisoners from the country’s biggest prison, Pademba Road Correctional Center, have escaped, with some of them roaming free. Verdict: True. The Sierra Leone Correctional Service authorities have confirmed that the prisoners have escaped. Full Text Following the unrest and gunshot in Freetown on Nov. 26, 2023, a series … The post Jailbreak at Padema Road Prison, true appeared first on Dubawa.
- Jawabin Boakai da ake yadawa a matsayin sanarwar zababben shugaban kasa, yaudara ce kawai
Zargi: zababben shugana kasar Laberiya Joseph Boakai ya sha alwashin shawo kan cin hanci da rashawa a gwamnatinsa. Wannan batun ya shiga ko’ina a kafofin sadarwa yanzu kuma ma har ya bayyana a shafin labarai na GNN. Sakamakon bincike: Yaudara! Bincikenmu ya nuna mana cewa tsohon jawabi ne wanda ambasada Boakai ya yi ranar 12 … The post Jawabin Boakai da ake yadawa a matsayin sanarwar zababben shugaban kasa, yaudara ce kawai appeared first on Dubawa.